Friday, May 23, 2008

Inspiration From Ordinary Things

inspiration [defined]. in·spi·ra·tion / nsp re. n/ Pronunciation[in-spuh-rey-shuhn] –noun. 1. an inspiring or animating action or influence


As defined by Wiktionary :

  1. The act of inspiring or breathing in; breath; specif. (Physiol.), the drawing of air into the lungs, accomplished in mammals by elevation of the chest walls and flattening of the diaphragm; -- the opposite of expiration.
  2. The act or power of exercising an elevating or stimulating influence upon the intellect or emotions; the result of such influence which quickens or stimulates; as, the inspiration of occasion, of art, etc.
  3. supernatural divine influence on the prophets, apostles, or sacred writers, by which they were qualified to communicate moral or religious truth with authority; a supernatural influence which qualifies men to receive and communicate divine truth; also, the truth communicated.

I think the 2nd and especially the third definition deserves some discussion. The second definition, "The act or power of exercising an elevating or stimulating influence upon the intellect or emotions; the result of such influence which quickens or stimulates; as, the inspiration of occasion, of art, etc." --- I am totally in the belief that whatever we find ourselves doing on this level of life, we definitely should. You never know what effects your words, your actions, may have on another persons life. We never know how we may "quicken" or "stimulate" someone or something on this level of life so it is best to do what you can, while you can.

The 3rd definition, "A supernatural divine influence on the prophets, apostles, or sacred writers, by which they were qualified to communicate moral or religious truth with authority; a supernatural influence which qualifies men to receive and communicate divine truth; also, the truth communicated" MY POINT EXACTLY---If you are a "HUMAN BEING" why on earth would you be on the Internet (or anywhere else) charging exorbant amounts for receiving and communicating divine truths???!!! I can see covering your initial costs to print and ship the material if it must be printed and shipped. But I DO NOT SEE THE EXCLUSIONARY, GREED THAT IS GOING ON. I want to name names so badly now that it is not even funny! THE RECEIPT AND COMMUNICATION OF DIVINE TRUTHS SHOULD BE FREE (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF COVERING YOUR BASIC COSTS) ---It is just not right.---It's like you're communicating a certain level of class and status to a person who does have the money to buy whatever exclusive Divine Methodology you are currently peddling. When ALL KNOWLEDGE, ESPECIALLY, DIVINE KNOWLEDGE IS SUPPOSE TO BE FREE!!! Each one reach one regardless of economic status. DIVINE TRUTHS SHOULD NOT BE PEDDLED ON THE INTERNET OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!! They are to be SHARED between Human Beings Freely. You have a DIVINE RIGHT TO KNOW THESE TRUTHS AND A DOLLAR SHOULD NOT COME BETWEEN YOU AND THAT KNOWLEDGE!!!

Now back to the matter at hand. Inspiration. I am inspired every time I am aware of my very existence. I had to work at that though. My story is far too sad and I don't even want to dwell on the past anymore simply because it is the past, let's leave it there. Inspiration is something that once I became aware of the depth and breadth of it, I sought to purposely have it in my life everyday. I report in a fashion blog everyday and I make it a point to always end my article with a positive quote. The walls in my office have positive quotes on them. I am working on an invention to bring positive quotes to you in a new and exciting way. I subscribed to websites that have something positive to say everyday. One such website is Mike Dooley (one of "The Secret" participants). I was more than grateful for this e-mail as I was having a rough day. When I read it my whole attitude and perspective changed and I went on to have a Fantastic day! The email read:

There are no accidents, Michelle.
If it's appeared on your life radar, this is why: to teach you that dreams come true; to reveal that you have the power to fix what's broken and heal what hurts; to catapult you beyond seeing with just your physical senses; and to lift the veils that have kept you from seeing that you're already the person you dreamed you'd become.
And believe me, that was one heck of a dream.
Tallyho,The Universe

Wow! It's as if he wrote that directly to me because you see it was exactly what I needed to hear at the exact time I opened the email! This little email turned my entire day around and I read it everyday, that's how much it means to me. When you get an opportunity, you can go to Mike's site at http://www.tut.com/ sign up for his FREE E-MAIL SERVICE and you'll get little gems like this in your in-box too. A little warning: you will think that Mike is writing directly to you, his e-mails are so on target!



"The power of imagination makes us infinite."---John Muir

Lovin Life, Truth Is

No comments: